JUNIOR RESEARCHER CIRCULAR AND SOCIAL SUSTAINABILITY
At NOAHH we focus on topics including circularity, flexibility, nature-inclusivity, polyvalence, flexible learning environments, and social and activity-based design. All these topics need more in-depth research and will culminate in publications, workshops, and lectures. To develop our ideas further we started our Evolutionaries research program two years ago with projects in China, Italy, and South Africa. We developed exchange programs with these countries in order to learn more about the typical social-economic conditions and their impact on public and cultural buildings.
The South African research program was initiated in December 2019 with a visit of the renowned South African architect Jo Noero in Amsterdam and was further developed with workshops and a publication set to be published at the end of this year.
NOAHH is looking for a junior architect/researcher in circular and social sustainability with affinity with South African public buildings to bridge between NOAHH and our South African partner institutes. We offer a highly dynamic international working environment with enthusiastic colleagues.
- Research in our Evolutionaries program;
- Research in flexible learning environments and nature-inclusivity;
- Research in social design with a strong link to site-specific conditions and local culture;
- Video and graphic material for upcoming publications;
- Reveloping new ways of 4D representation in architecture;
- Developing a method of representation that sensitively combines architecture and art;
- Writing and editing, interviewing;
- Arranging presentations, workshops, and exhibitions.
- Bachelor of architecture / Master of architecture;
- 2-4 years’ experience in architecture or design offices;
- Experience in complex design projects;
- Strong conceptual, graphic and design talent;
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Suite, Adobe After Effects and Twinmotion;
- Some experience with designing or analysing complex projects or public buildings;
- Requires high level of proficiency in English and Dutch, any other language is an asset;
- Confidence in working in an international environment;
- Flexible, creative, innovative;